Expectations Are Not Always Friends


“Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.”
                                     -Alexander Pope

We are in a world of money, illusion and self growth. We no matter what tend to bribe so as to skip a little more effort that could have resulted in loss of time. We have to manage time however much we waste it in the world of our phones, PC and gadgets. We never think of this that its okay we can cut time here and go for a visit to some place..

Where are we at last. We are in the world of expectation, expectation that money will fulfill what we want, expectation that others will stand when we have belly filled up and bank balance filled up. Okay that is completely okay people will help but the thing expectation why is it so important?

Let me share a short story of an incident where I reflected on this thing expectation.  Quite a few years back, I was enrolled in BHU for my graduation course. From my previous school I along with my brother were only who were enrolled in BHU and the name says it all #BanarasHinduUniversity. I should tell you one thing before this incident I have only expectations in my father, mother and sisters however I used to hide it a lot as I think I was introvert then.

So, my graduation studies started and the first semester classes started in full flow. I started attending classes. Since I was good in studies till then I expected to be the same and my pattern of study followed the same way of practicing and revising again and again. In short, I took much more time to grasp any concept than usual ones would take. You can call me someone with memory issue and if so then you are right. So, amidst the chaos of submitting documents, attending classes and preparing food the journey of my failure began. In that chaos some kept on adding was the issue of love in life.

My classes, documents, then returning home, preparing food, studies and then watching movies or series.  The chaos kept on adding day by day and my expectations held me down day by day. At the end of the scenario loom I was down to nothing.

So, expect but let not that expectation hold your mind and heart. One must learn to hold down the expectation and refill the journey with sensible and adequate approach. Otherwise read the quote above and again sensitize the theme. The learning of this concept led me to believe then in many philosophies of life.

Expectations never end we just need to rationalize the priority of expectations and hold the important ones above the less important one




Comments

Post a Comment